I confess….I am a sugar addict (do they have AA for that?), I used to work in corporate Amercia but decided to release my creativity and run free, I could eat Chipotle everyday, I love pretty things – so much so, I have considered turning a spare bedroom into a closet, and my dream job is being creative and working with people – ding!
So, if you like pretty things and dessert, I know we will be the best of friends. And if you like my photography then we will probably be kindred spirits.
I want this experience to be about you feeling beautiful and at your very best on your wedding day. I hope the experience feels like a friend you can laugh with, resulting in beautiful photos of your best self. This isn’t just image capture to me. It’s about connection, then you feeling comfortable to show emotion, then…snap, crackle, pop — Super*Fun*Happy image capture. As you look through the galleries, I hope thats what jumps out the most.
You should know, I love to travel to beautiful, warm places. In fact, I moved to Los Angeles from Seattle just for the yummy sunshine. As it turns out, weddings are usually held in beautiful, warm places, so if you are having a destination wedding or you live in one of these paradises and would like to inquire about destination wedding photography, please do! Btw, I haven’t been to Tahiti yet and it’s on my bucket list….wink, wink. 😉
My Personal Top Ten:
1. For the longest time, when my parents or anyone said “it costs an arm and a leg” I thought they were saying “it costs an armanal egg”. Only a few years ago did I finally ask, “what the heck is an armanal?”
2. I am a sugar junkie. I will take Costco cake (white cake with white frosting) over any highfalutin dessert any day. And if I buy ice cream with half the fat it’s so I can eat twice as much.
3. If I had 9 lives, one or two would be spent as an FBI agent on the front lines. I would totally be a mix of Jack Bauer, Syndey Bristow and MacGuyver.
4. 5 years ago, me, my man and my dog packed up everything we owned in the back of a Uhaul and moved to Los Angeles to enjoy the sunshine instead of Seattle rain. We wondered if it was groundhogs day waking up to blue sky every morning!
5. I have a P-Touch labeler and I label my neatly organized boxes, but my clothes are always in disarray.
6. I am no longer sure what my real hair color is and don’t foresee me ever trying to find out because I think there might be grey in there. And if I don’t see it, it’s not real, right?
7. A no fail way to make me happy is my dog tilting his head sideways trying to understand what I am saying.
8. I think wisdom is always your best resource.
9. I still think the best art medium is the smelly Mr. Sketch markers. Licorice was my favorite, and you could always tell by the black dot on my nose.
10. I consider candy corn the only worthwhile vegetable.